Australian Industry Group provides detailed response to Fair Work Act Review
The Australian Industry Group - one of the country's peak industry and employer advocates - has released a detailed response to the Fair Work Act review. The response details some areas of agreement with the review, but also areas of significant disagreement. Areas of agreement include:
- Introducing amendments to deal with the JJ Richards decision and the Bendigo Tafe decision;
- Reducing time limits for general protections applications.
- Increasing power to make costs orders against applicants in unfair dismissal matters.
However, the Australian Industry Group has signalled its opposition in other areas:
- Reducing Fair Work Australia's power in relation to greenfields agreements.
- Minimising the role and power of unions in relation to enterprise bargaining.
The Australian Industry Group's response is available here: www.aigroup.com.au